Monday, June 15, 2015

the mission is coming to a close

Hey Mom!

Well I don´t have much time, so I´m only going to really write to you today.

This can be the email you put on the blog if you want. We are more rushed because we spent the day in Madrid, which is about an hour away with my other good buddy and did some good souveneir shopping. I guess you gotta get prepared as the time goes to a close :/ But we had a really really fun time there, we spent a little bit of time at a members house who fed us Ceviche! I hadn´t seen that family for about a year, and we had taught her son and he got baptized then too, so it was wonderful to see them still strong in the Gospel and to see the husband, who´s not a member, warm up more and more to the Church.

Just be prepared for some of the wicked stuff I´m bringing home, you´re going to love it :) But I have to keep it all as a surprise to you´ll have to wait a little bit longer. But I will tell you one thing, that I want to tell Grandpa as well. Spain is famous for its olive trees, and they are everywhere down here. You don´t see them much in Madrid because it´s got to be more south where it´s hot and dry. I had this idea that I´m going to bring home some olive tree wood, both for them to make stuff for themselves but also maybe to make me something haha. I don´t know how easy it´ll be to work with, but I at least want to try. 

Tell Kayla and Jess I said Happy 2 year Anniversary! Can´t believe it, and it´s weird that I haven´t even been there for hardly any of it haha. But tell them that I love them and wish them the best :)

Not much more happened here last week...we drank a ton of Morirsoñando with Kevin, the Dominican who got baptized a week ago. He´s actually leaving tomorrow to go to NY to live for a couple of months, and he really wants to talk with all of you. So when I get home we´ll call him and you´ll meet him :)

Jesus, our other really good investigator has been gone to Holland but should be back now, we´re going to pass by his house this evening to see how he´s doing and to confirm the plans for his baptism too.

I´ve been having such a great time, and have been seeing so many miracles. The work here is doing amazing and I´m enjoying my time here so much. I only have 3 weeks left but it still doesn´t feel that weird yet. I´m sure it´ll hit later. But for right now, I´ll just stick with working hard and having a good time.

I love you all so much, I love you mom and Dad. Sorry I´m not being really good at replying lately to everything, but I read every one of your emails and love them so much. Thank you for your motivation that you´ve given me.

Take care! Love you SO MUCH.

Elder Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment