Monday, June 22, 2015

strengthening the young womens

This week´s email is also going to be kind of short, I don´t really have much time but also I cut my my finger which makes it quite hard to type normal.

Thank you Leah and Porter for the letters! Loved them, thanks for sending it. I´ve been a slacker lately in writing but I´ll be home soon anyway so we´ll just talk more then haha.

Whenever I talk to Kevin, the Dominican convert, he always asks how Cady is doing in the DR and how she likes it--I´m sure she´s doing great. Thanks Cady for your emails and stories even though you´re busy!

Kevin is doing great, turns out he´s headed to visit his sister in New York, leaving the same day I will be too! We may see each other in the airport haha. His testimony is growing and is really strong, which is amazing for us to see as the missionaries. It´s like a teacher at school, when they see their students finally progress and learn how to do the math problem on their own without struggles.

At church, Kristyna finally came again (she´s the 15 year old that got baptized like a month ago, but then didn't come for a while), such a relief. I was about ready to get more direct with her on having to continue to follow up with her committment.

The funny thing is is that she came with another friend, Maria, 14 years old. And we had another investigator come who was 13 years old. Basically it looked like we are just contacting and teaching the young girls. Which isn´t true, they just all happened to come today. I felt funny walking with them to church though haha, strengthening the Young Womens, yeah!

Found another investigator--Carmen, seems to have a ton of interest! Doesn´t have too much time but has a huge desire to learn more and go see the temple.

All in all, it really was a great week. went and walked through a real and abandoned castle today which was such a cool experience. Each day is a new adventure. A hot one too.

Love you all, have a great week!

Elder Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment