Monday, June 29, 2015

the last...melon

The last... melon.

This will be my last email home, until I see you guys! I can´t really believe that it´s already here...gone by way too fast.

I want you all to know that in these last 2 years, I have learned and grown so much, so much so that it surprises me sometimes haha. I´ve never felt so close to the Lord, and I´ve never felt his guiding hand so close to mine. The opportunity to serve the Lord in the way is a chance that I feel no one should avoid. Had I not come here when I did, I most definitely would not have the testimony that I possess now, which currently and forever will serve as strong roots that hold me planted. It´s amazing to me how much we can learn about within the Gospel. There is no limit, and there is end--just infinite.

I have been taught so much in this time, and wouldn´t trade it for anything. I encourage everyone to serve a mission!

With this heat it kind of makes some parts of the work hard and slow. Hardly anybody is out on the streets when it´s this hot and if you do find people they are in a hurry. We try knocking doors but honestly nobody answers haha--probably all sleeping.

Yesterday for example our one apt. in the afternoon fell through and we were stuck to other methods of finding. We probably crossed no more than 15 people in the whole day, and 4 of those people were lost aisan tourists. But what amazes me is that even with those bad odds, the Lord still finds ways to lead us in the right direction to his prepared sons and daughters. Our endurance and diligence are constantly being tried, and I know that as I do my best to keep pushing forward, the Lord always helps and blesses us in some way.

Kevin came to church today, He´s a pretty interesting guy, and the members are good sports with him. He loves speaking in English even if the person doesn´t know anything in English haha. They´ll sit and listen to him tell his stories or to hear him practice his english. Did I tell you he´s going to be in NY, and flying out the same day as I am?

Church wasn´t actually that bad this week! There were hardly any screams from the kids and not much running around at all. The bishop did crack down hard on the members though with their obedience--thank goodness. Hopefully next week we´ll be able to start sacrament meeting on time and actually with the spirit haha.

I lost my agenda the other day :´( i was honestly pretty sad for a while because it has so much in it! Memories, funny stories, phone numbers...gahh. But there´s not much I can do about it now.

Now as I start my last week, I´ll be sure to work my hardest and do my best in every moment. Thank you so much to everyone one of you, for having supported me, for having prayed and worried for me and other missionaries. I really do appreciate it. Thank you for everything. I owe you guys too much for the countless things you´ve done for me.

I hope you all have a great week, and that you´re able to witness the Lord´s hand in at least one part of each day.

Can´t wait to see you all next week!! So, it´s a goodbye until Tuesday :)

With all of my love,
Elder Franson

No comments:

Post a Comment